The commitment required from MyRoad Mentors
Preparation and training
As a MyRoad industry mentor, you’ll need to devote a maximum of two hours of your time in the lead-up to your MyRoad session to preparation and training. This will include:
- An online eBeacon registration and Introduction to Beacon foundation video (20 minutes)
- MyRoad-specific training (1 hour)
- A technology check to ensure you are set up to deliver MyRoad on the day (30 minutes).
The MyRoad session itself will involve two hours of your time on the day:
- 30 minutes – motivation module (this module will not involve you but you can use this time to ensure your computer is set up and you are prepared for your session).
- 1 hour of interactive time with students in groups of 3 to 5 where you’ll deliver 21stCentury skills development module content. Authentic industry exposure, experience and practices form the basis of conversations, supported by diverse role model industry videos. This will be comprised of four 15-minute modules.
- 30 minutes – celebration and reflection module where you’ll lead students through a reflective exercise to reinforce key module learnings and how they may apply to each individual participant, prompting students to complete individual online evaluation surveys in real time.
Your time commitment would be 4 hours if you choose to deliver one MyRoad session, but each subsequent session would involve much less preparation and training time (and we are very happy if volunteers want to do one or more sessions).