The commitment required from MyRoad Mentors
Preparation and training
As a MyRoad industry mentor, you’ll need to devote around three hours of your time in the lead-up to your MyRoad session to preparation and training. This will include:
- An online induction on how to become a Beacon Foundation industry collaborator, including for MyRoad
- MyRoad-specific training and skills development
- A technology check to ensure you are set up to deliver MyRoad on the day.
The MyRoad session itself will involve two hours of your time on the day:
- 30 minutes – motivation and preparation module.
- 1 hour of interactive time with students in groups of 3 to 5 where you’ll deliver 21st Century skills development module content. Authentic industry exposure, experience and practices form the basis of conversations, supported by diverse role model industry videos.
- 30 minutes – celebration and reflection module where you’ll lead students through a reflective exercise to reinforce key module learnings and how they may apply to each individual participant.
Your time commitment would be 4-5 hours if you choose to deliver one MyRoad session, but each subsequent session would involve just two hours of your time (and we are very happy if volunteers want to do one or more sessions).