One in four female students believe boys will have more career opportunities after leaving school
Many young women may not understand or know about the career options available – or have the confidence to chase them.
Research shows that having a mentor can be a game changer. Young women with a mentor or role model say that mentoring can positively influence their career path.
MyRoad empowers young women to prepare them to make decisions about their future.
Trained volunteers from diverse industries and backgrounds increase the career awareness of young women. Regardless of your location across Australia, MyRoad can bring career mentors and young people together.
What is MyRoad?
In a single 2-hour videoconference, a fully trained volunteer mentor guides young women through 6 structured modules. Modules are aligned to the Australian Curriculum for General Capabilities and Work Studies.
The MyRoad modules
- Imagine your Future – Motivation: Encouraging young women to think about career decision-making
- Picture your Future – Curiosity: Encouraging young women to be curious about potential future pathways and possibilities
- Plug into your Future – Digital Communication: Focusing on the value of online presence and digital communication
- Connect your Future – Effective relationships: Focusing on the value of positive relationships in the workplace
- Live your Future – Resilience: Building the resilience to face workplace setbacks
- Celebrate your Future – Celebration & Reflection: Evaluation, feedback and learnings
06nov8:45 am10:45 amBaldivis Secondary College (MALE AND FEMALE STUDENTS IN THIS SESSION)8:45 am - 10:45 am WA Total Number of Students: To be confirmed One mentor attending1 Mentor spots still available