Australian Capital Territory – Working with Vulnerable People Check – Information Page
ACT - Working with Vulnerable People Check - Volunteering with Beacon
The Australian Capital Territory Working with Vulnerable People (WWVP) Background Checking Act 2011 is administered by Access Canberra. Please contact Access Canberra directly if you have any questions regarding the WWVP application process:
Phone: (02) 6207 3000
Address: GPO Box 158, Canberra City ACT 2601
VOLUNTEERS – Please follow one of the processes below.
TEACHERS – Scroll to the end of page for information.
IF YOU HAVE A CHECK...
- If you are already registered for eBeacon please sign in and update your profile to include your Working with Vulnerable People Registration details (in the Working with Children section).
- If you are not registered for eBeacon please register and then provide your Working with Vulnerable People Registration details in your eBeacon profile (in the Working with Children section).
- Beacon will notify you via email when your Working with Vulnerable People Registration has been validated.
- If there are any issues, we will contact you directly to discuss next steps.
IF YOU DON'T HAVE A CHECK...
- If you are not registered for eBeacon please register.
- Please apply for a check using the application form that is available online on the Access Canberra site.
- The following information will need to be included on the application form:
- Purpose of Registration: Volunteer
- Registration type: General Registration to work with both children and disadvantage adults
- Regulated Employer/Activity Organisation: Beacon Foundation
- Applicants Position: Volunteer
- Address: 40 Molle Street, Hobart TAS 7000
- Contact person: Nadine Szlapa
- Phone: 1300 935 627 (or 02 6234 4155)
- Email address: email@example.com
- Data Collection – The following information is for statistical purposes only. What regulatory activity do you intend to engage in? Child education services
- Once you have lodged the application form and your application has been approved, Access Canberra will send you an assessment notice and Working with Vulnerable People Registration card.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your Working with Vulnerable People Registration details. Alternatively, sign-in to eBeacon and provide the details in the Working with Children section of your profile.
- Beacon will notify you via email when we have validated your Working with Vulnerable People Registration details.
- If there are any issues, Beacon will contact you directly to advise next steps.
IF YOU ARE A TEACHER...
Teachers in the ACT hold WWVP checks.
Please follow step 1 or 2 of the “If you have a check” process above and provide your Working with Vulnerable People Registration details in the Working with Children section of your eBeacon profile.