NT - Working with Children Clearance notice (Ochre Card) - Volunteering with Beacon
The Northern Territory Working with Children Clearance Notice (Ochre Card) is administered by SAFE NT, a unit of the Northern Territory Police.
Please contact Safe NT directly if you have any queries about the application process:
Phone: 1800 SAFE NT (1800 723 368)
VOLUNTEERS – Please follow one of the processes below.
TEACHERS – Scroll to the end of page for information.
VOLUNTEERS: IF YOU HAVE A CHECK
- If you are already registered for eBeacon please sign in and update your profile to include your Ochre Card details (in the Working with Children section).
- If you are not registered for eBeacon please register and then provide your Ochre Card details in your eBeacon profile (in the Working with Children section).
- Beacon will notify you via email when your Ochre card has been validated.
VOLUNTEERS: IF YOU DON'T HAVE A CHECK
- If you are not registered for eBeacon please register.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and request a volunteer concession form for use in your Ochre Card application.
- Beacon will email to you a form which will allow you to access the reduced volunteer application fee for the Ochre Card ($6.00 as at August 2017).
- When you have received your concession form, go to the Safe NT website and complete the application form (online or download). Include the following details in your application:
- Purpose of Check –
- Type of employment = Volunteer
- Occupation/Position/Description of Role = Volunteer mentor
- Volunteer Details –
- Name of the organisation = Beacon Foundation
- Postal address of organisation = 40 Molle Street, Hobart TAS 7000
- Beacon contact person = WWCC Admin
- Beacon phone = 1300 935 627 or 03 6234 4155
Ensure you select to have your card sent to your address and not the ’employer’ address.
- Please email email@example.com to advise that you have lodged your application.
When you have been granted an Ochre Card you will receive notification from Safe NT.
- Sign in to eBeacon and provide the details in the Working with Children section of your profile.
- We will notify you via email when we have validated your Ochre Card details.
Teachers in the Northern Territory hold an Ochre Card.
Please follow step 1 or 2 of the “If you have a check” process above and provide details of your Ochre Card in the Working with Children section of your eBeacon profile.
We will notify you via email when we have validated your Ochre Card details.