Northern Territory- Working with Children Clearance notice ( Ochre Card) – Information Page
NT - Working with Children Clearance notice (Ochre Card) - Volunteering with Beacon
The Northern Territory Working with Children Clearance Notice (Ochre Card) is administered by SAFE NT, a unit of the Northern Territory Police. Please contact Safe NT directly if you have any queries about the application process:
Phone: 1800 SAFE NT (1800 72 33 68)
Address: PO Box 39764, Winnellie NT 0821
VOLUNTEERS – Please follow one of the processes below.
TEACHERS – Scroll to the end of page for information.
IF YOU HAVE A CHECK...
- If you are already registered for eBeacon please sign in and update your profile to include your Ochre Card details (in the Working with Children section).
- If you are not registered for eBeacon please register and then provide your Ochre Card details in your eBeacon profile (in the Working with Children section).
- Beacon will notify you via email when your check has been validated.
- If there are any issues validating your check, we will contact you directly to discuss next steps.
IF YOU DON'T HAVE A CHECK...
- If you are not registered for eBeacon please register. As part of your registration you will be asked to provide details needed to progress your Ochre Card check.
- Beacon will send you a form via email that will allow you to access the reduced volunteer application fee for the Ochre Card ($6.00 as at August 2017). Please wait until you have received this form before commencing the following process.
- Log onto the Safe NT website and complete the application formOn the tab titled ‘Purpose’ enter the following:
- Purpose? Volunteer
- Applicants position- eBeacon Collaborator (online volunteering with schools & children)
- Please send my Ochre Card and clearance notice to me
On the tab titled ‘Volunteer’ please enter the following:
- Name of the organisation: Beacon Foundation
- Attention to: Nadine Szlapa
- Postal address: 40 Molle Street, Hobart
- State/ postcode: TAS 7000
- You will receive notification from Safe NT when you have been granted an Ochre Card. Sign-in to eBeacon and provide the details in the Working with Children section of your profile. Alternativey, email your Ochre Card details to email@example.com.
- We will notify you via email when we have validated your Ochre Card details
- If there are any issues, we will contact you directly to discuss next steps.
IF YOU ARE A TEACHER...
Teachers in the Northern Territory hold an Ochre Card.
Please follow step 1 or 2 of the “If you have a check” process above and provide details of your Ochre Card in the Working with Children section of your eBeacon profile.