South Australia- Department of Communities & Social Inclusion, Child related employment/volunteering screening Information Page
SA - DCSI/DHS Screening Check - Child related employment/volunteering screening - Volunteering with Beacon
In South Australia, child related employment/volunteering screening is conducted by the Department of Human Services via the DCSI/DHS Screening Unit.
If you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact the unit directly:
Phone: 1300 321 592
VOLUNTEERS – Please follow one of the processes below.
TEACHERS – Scroll to the end of page for information.
VOLUNTEERS: IF YOU HAVE A CHECK
- If you hold a current ‘child related employment’ screening check with SA DCSI, please follow these steps. However, if your current screening check is not ‘child related employment’ please go to the section called ‘If you don’t have a check’.
- If you are not registered for eBeacon please register and then provide your check details in your eBeacon profile (in the Working with Children section).
- If your eBeacon registered name is not your official name, please also advise your formal name (ie the name that appears on your ID) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Beacon will notify you via email when we have validated your current DCSI check.
VOLUNTEERS: IF YOU DON'T HAVE A CHECK
- If you do not hold a current ‘child related employment’ screening check with SA DCSI please follow the instructions in this section.
- If you are not registered for eBeacon please register.
- Please email your date of birth to email@example.com. If your registered name is not your official name, please also advise your formal name (ie the name that appears on your ID).
- Beacon will then commence an application for a new check with the SA DCSI Screening Unit.
- You will receive an email from the DCSI Screening Unit providing instructions on how to complete your application. Please note that volunteers do not need to pay an application fee (from 1 November 2018).
- DCSI Screening Unit will send you a letter via mail advising the outcome of your DCSI Check and they will also advise Beacon.
- Beacon will notify you via email when we have validated your new DCSI check.
If you are a teacher who is currently registered with the Teachers Registration Board of South Australia, you are exempt from requiring a DCSI Check for Beacon’s purposes.
Please register for eBeacon and provide your Teacher Registration details in the Working with Children section of your eBeacon profile.