Victoria – Working with Children Check – Information Page
VIC - Working with Children Check - Volunteering with Beacon
The Victorian Working with Children (WWC) Check is administered by the WWC check Unit, Victorian State Government, Department of Justice & Regulation. Please contact the VIC WWC Check Unit if you have any queries regarding the application process:
Customer Support Line: 1300 652 879
Address: GPO Box 1915 Melbourne VIC 3001
VOLUNTEERS – Please follow one of the processes below.
TEACHERS & POLICE OFFICERS – Scroll to the end of page for information.
IF YOU HAVE A CHECK...
- If you are already registered for eBeacon please sign in and update your profile to include your Working with Children Check details.
- If you are not registered for eBeacon please register and then provide your Working with Children Check details in your eBeacon profile.
- Go to the Victorian department website and update your Working With Children Check to include Beacon as an organisation you are volunteering with. Below are details you will require:
40 Molle Street
Hobart TAS 7000
Phone: 1300 935 627
Occupational field: 52- Education- Other, Institutions providing children’s study or training programs
- Beacon will notify you via email when we have validated your Working with Children Check.
IF YOU DON'T HAVE A CHECK...
- If you are not registered for eBeacon please register.
- Please apply for a check via the Victorian Working With Children Check website. Below are details you will need to enter in your application:
- Organisation details: Beacon Foundation
- Postal address: 40 Molle Street, Hobart TAS 7000.
- Phone: 1300 935 627
- Occupational field: 52- Education- Other, Institutions providing children’s study or training programs
- Please email email@example.com to advise that you have lodged your application.
- Beacon will notify you via email when we have received and validated your Working with Children Check details.
IF YOU ARE A TEACHER OR A POLICE OFFICER...
If you are a teacher who is currently registered with the Victorian Institute of Teaching, you are exempt from requiring a check for Beacon’s purposes.
Please follow step 1 or 2 of the “If you have a check” process above and provide your VIT registration number and expiry date in the Working with Children section of your eBeacon profile.
Police officers in Victoria are considered exempt from requiring a WWCC for Beacon’s purposes. This exemption will become void if you leave the police force.
- Please send an email from your @police email account to firstname.lastname@example.org, requesting an exemption. Include your departmental signature line to confirm your police identification.
- Beacon will complete your exemption details in the WWCC section of your eBeacon profile and you will receive an email from eBeacon confirming that your Working with Children Check requirements have been validated.