Western Australia (Including Christmas and Cocos (Keeling) Islands) – Working with Children Check Information Page
WA - Working With Children Check - Volunteering with Beacon
The Western Australian Working with Children (WWC) Check is carried out by the Department for Child Protection and Family Support (DCPFS). If you require any support regarding the application process in WA, please contact DCPFS directly:
Phone: (08) 6217 8100
Address: PO Box 1262, West Perth WA 6872
VOLUNTEERS – Please follow one of the processes below.
TEACHERS – Scroll to the end of page for information.
IF YOU HAVE A CHECK...
- If you are already registered for eBeacon please sign in and update your profile to include your Working with Children Check details.
- If you are not registered for eBeacon please register and then provide your Working with Children Check details in your eBeacon profile.
- Once you have provided these details, Beacon will go to the Department for Child Protection (WA) website and link your check to Beacon, as a volunteer.
- You will receive an email from eBeacon when your check has been validated and linked to Beacon.
IF YOU DON'T HAVE A CHECK...
- If you are not registered for eBeacon please register.
- Please email your preferred postal address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Beacon will complete our sections of the Working with Children Check Application Booklet and then post it to you.
- When you receive the form, complete your sections (Parts 1 to 4 and 8) and lodge it at an Australia Post outlet, paying the application fee ($11.oo as at August 2017).
- Please email email@example.com to advise that you have lodged your application.
- Once your application has been successfully processed, Department for Child Protection (WA) will issue you with a Working with Children Check Card.
- Beacon will email you once we have confirmation from the Department for Child Protection (WA) that you have been issued with a Working with Children Check card.
IF YOU ARE A TEACHER OR POLICE OFFICER...
Teachers in WA hold a WWC Check.
Please follow step 1 or 2 of the “If you have a check” process above and provide details of your Working with Children Check in the section of your eBeacon profile. You are not required to link Beacon to your Working with Children Check card.
Police officers in WA are considered exempt from requiring a WWCC for Beacon’s purposes. This exemption will become void if you leave the police force.
- Please send an email to from your @police email account to firstname.lastname@example.org, requesting an exemption. Include your departmental signature line to confirm your PD number.
- Beacon will complete your exemption details in the WWCC section of your eBeacon profile and you will receive an email from eBeacon confirming that your Working with Children Check has been validated.