Western Australia (Including Christmas and Cocos (Keeling) Islands) – Working with Children Check Information Page
WA - Working With Children Check - Volunteering with Beacon
The Western Australian Working with Children (WWC) Check is carried out by the Department for Child Protection and Family Support (DCPFS). If you require any support regarding the application process in WA, please contact DCPFS directly:
Phone: (08) 6217 8100
Address: PO Box 1262, West Perth WA 6872
VOLUNTEERS – Please follow one of the processes below.
TEACHERS – Scroll to the end of page for information.
IF YOU HAVE A CHECK...
- If you are already registered for eBeacon please sign in and update your profile to include your Working with Children Check details.
- If you are not registered for eBeacon please register and then provide your Working with Children Check details in your eBeacon profile.
- Once you have provided these details, Beacon will log onto the Department for Child Protection (WA) website and register you as a Beacon volunteer.
- We will notify you via email once this is completed and your check has been validated.
- If there are any issues, we will contact you directly to discuss next steps.
IF YOU DON'T HAVE A CHECK...
- If you are not registered for eBeacon please register.
- In your eBeacon profile (in the Working with Children section) please provide your address. In the field ‘WWCC number’ enter “pending”. In the ‘Expiry Date’ field enter 01/02/33, press enter and then select Save. Beacon will update these details when your check has been processed.
- Beacon will post to you a hardcopy Working with Children Check Application Form. This form will include sections that we have pre-populated. You will need to complete and lodge the form, paying the application fee ($11.oo as at August 2017).
- Once your application has been successfully processed, Department for Child Protection (WA) will issue you with a Working with Children Check Card.
- Beacon will email you once we have confirmation from the Department for Child Protection (WA) that you have been issued with a Working with Children Check card.
- If there are any issues, Beacon will contact you directly to advise on next steps.
IF YOU ARE A TEACHER...
Teachers in WA hold a WWC Check.
Please follow step 1 or 2 of the “If you have a check” process above and provide details of your Working with Children Check in the section of your eBeacon profile. You are not required to link Beacon to your Working with Children Check card.