Western Australia (Including Christmas and Cocos (Keeling) Islands) – Working with Children Check Information Page
WA - Working With Children Check - Volunteering with Beacon
The Western Australian Working with Children (WWC) Check is carried out by the Department of Communities – Child Protection and Family Support.
Please contact the department directly if you have any queries regarding the application process:
Phone: (08) 6217 8100
VOLUNTEERS – Please follow one of the processes below.
TEACHERS – Scroll to the end of page for information.
VOLUNTEERS: IF YOU HAVE A CHECK
- If you are already registered for eBeacon please sign in and update your profile to include your Working with Children Check details.
- If you are not registered for eBeacon please register and then provide your Working with Children Check details in your eBeacon profile.
- Scan both sides of your WWCC card and send the copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once you have provided this information, Beacon will go to the department website and link your check to Beacon, as a volunteer.
- You will receive an email from eBeacon when your check has been validated and linked to Beacon.
VOLUNTEERS: IF YOU DON'T HAVE A CHECK
- If you are not registered for eBeacon please register.
- Please email your preferred postal address to email@example.com.
- Beacon will complete our sections of the Working with Children Check Application Booklet and then post it to you.
- When you receive the form, complete your sections (Parts 1 to 4 and 8) and lodge it at an Australia Post outlet, paying the volunteer application fee ($11.oo as at May 2018).
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to advise that you have lodged your application.
- Once your application has been successfully processed, the department will issue you with a Working with Children Check card.
- You will receive an email from eBeacon when the department provides Beacon with a copy of your card and it has been validated.
TEACHERS AND POLICE OFFICERS
Teachers in WA hold a WWC Check.
Please follow step 1 or 2 (and 3) of the “If you have a check” process above and provide details of your Working with Children Check in the section of your eBeacon profile. You are not required to link Beacon to your Working with Children Check card.
You will receive an email from eBeacon when your card has been validated.
Police officers in WA are considered exempt from requiring a WWCC for Beacon’s purposes. This exemption will become void if you leave the police force.
- Please send an email from your @police email account to email@example.com, requesting an exemption. Include your departmental signature line and confirm your PD number.
- Beacon will complete your exemption details in the WWCC section of your eBeacon profile and you will receive an email from eBeacon confirming that your Working with Children Check has been validated.